You can reset your UMICH (Level-1) password yourself if you have previously provided account recovery information. If not, you can phone the ITS Service Center for help.
- Reset Your Forgotten Password Yourself
- Use Michigan Medicine (Level-2) Password
- Phone the ITS Service Center for a Password Reset
If you have set up account recovery information, you can receive an account recovery code you can use to reset your password yourself.
- Go to UMICH Account Management (for forgotten passwords).
- On the Verify Identity page, enter your uniqname and click Submit.
- Provide either your date of birth or your UMID number, and then click Submit.
- On the Get a Code page, you will see the account recovery information you provided in the past. It will be partially masked for your security. If you entered both a mobile phone number and an email address, you will need to choose which of the two you want your password reset code sent to. Select or confirm where you want to receive the password reset code, then click Submit.
- An account recovery code will be sent to your account recovery contact phone number or email address.
- On the Verify Code page, enter the code and click Submit.
Account recovery codes expire one hour after they are sent. You can get a new code by starting over on the Forgotten Password page of UMICH Account Management.
No Code? If you have not received a code in one hour, and you had it sent to your non-UMICH email address, check your email junk or spam folders. If the code is not there, phone the ITS Service Center at 734-764-HELP (4357) for a password reset.
- You will be taken to the Change Password page in UMICH Account Management, where you can set a new password.
You may not set your new password to the same thing as your current password. If you attempt to change a forgotten password to your current (forgotten) password, an error message will display and you will need to enter a new password.
If you have a Michigan Medicine (Level-2) password and are using a computer on a Michigan Medicine network, you can reset your UMICH (Level-1) password yourself in the settings on your Michigan Medicine Profile Page.
If you have not set up account recovery information, call the ITS Service Center at 734-764-HELP (4357) and select the option to reset your UMICH password.
Do not send email. Password resets must be done over the phone so the Service Center can verify your identity.
Depending on your campus, you may also be able to call one of these help desks for a password reset:
- UM-Dearborn: ITS Accounts Office, 313-593-3274
- UM-Flint: ITS Helpdesk, 810-762-3123
- Michigan Medicine: Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) Service Desk, 734-936-8000