With the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-on, you can use Microsoft Teams to easily schedule, join, and customize meetings from Google Calendar.
If you wish to add a phone call-in line to your Teams meetings, you will first need to request a Microsoft Teams Audio-Conferencing License.
Install the Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-on in Google Calendar
To install the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-on:
- Go to the Google Workspace Marketplace and find the “Microsoft Teams Meeting” add-on.
- Click Install and then Continue.
- Microsoft will ask for permission to access your U-M Google account. Select your UMICH account and then click Allow.
- After installation, navigate to your Google Calendar and open the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-on from the right sidebar.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the Microsoft Teams Meeting icon to populate in the right sidebar of your Google Calendar.
- Once you have opened the add-on, you will be asked to sign in to your U-M Microsoft 365 account. Click AUTHORIZE ACCESS. This will open a new window.
If you have previously logged in to your U-M Microsoft 365 account and selected “Remember me”: Under Pick an account, select your UMICH email address, enter your UMICH password, and click Sign in. You may be asked to authenticate through Duo two-factor authentication.
If you have not previously logged in to your U-M Microsoft 365 account and/or did not select “Remember me”: Enter your UMICH email address and click Next. Then, enter your UMICH password and click Sign in. You may be asked to authenticate through Duo two-factor authentication.
You should now be able to use the add-on. If you encounter an error while authorizing access, refresh the page, and you should now be logged in to your U-M Microsoft 365 account.
Add Conferencing to a Calendar Event
To add a Microsoft Teams meeting to a Google Calendar event from your calendar:
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- Under the Guests tab, enter the email addresses in the Add guests field.
- Under the Event Details tab, click Add video conferencing and select Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
Guests will receive an email with the event information and a link to the video meeting.
Customize Meeting Options
If you want to update the meeting options for a specific Teams meeting on your Google Calendar event:
- Go to Google Calendar and click the calendar event you want to edit.
- Click the carrot icon next to “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting."
- Click Meeting Options.
- A new tab will open where you can select appropriate options for your meeting. Click Save when you are complete and close the tab.