4.1 Required Space
UM Investigators - Entering/Updating Space on a PAF
For each person with a role of UM Principal Investigator, UM Sponsor Principal Investigator, or Participating Investigator with Specified Effort:
- Click Update next to the person's name, OR click Add to add more space.
- Select one of the following for the person:
- No Individual Space Required;
- Adequate Space Committed, No Additional Space Required; then enter Approving DeptID and Comments.
- Requested Room/Bldg; enter and select the Room/Bldg, then enter Overriding DeptID and Room Comments.
- Click OK.
Tips for searching for rooms/buildings
- To find all rooms in a building, just enter a Building Name.
- If you just know a room number, enter the Room Number and all matching room numbers are returned.
- To see all space for a department, just enter a Department ID.
Space Not Found
If you have used the search tips above and still cannot find a Requested Room, or your space does not exist in the M-Pathways Financials system:
- Select the Space Not Found checkbox.
- Enter the Approving DeptID for the space.
- Enter Comments.
- Click OK.
Be sure you select the correct space to delete.
- Next to the space you want to delete, click delete Delete.
- Click OK on the warning box.
- Space information that you can select in this section comes from the M-Pathways Financials system (Space Management database).
- This information is updated from a nightly feed.
- If changes are required, please have them made in M-Pathways Financials System via the Space Survey or other mechanism.
- Please contact your Research Unit Liaison for guidance about which space approval options will be supported in your unit.
- Space for UM Investigators reference
- Demonstration video
Monday, October 31, 2022