New study applications created in eResearch Regulatory Management (eRRM) are routed to the appropriate review committee(s) upon submission, based on information entered in the application. You can start a new study application and save it for completion at a later time.
- Any member of the Study Team can create a new study application. However, only the U-M Principal Investigator (PI) can submit a completed application. See Submit a Completed Application for more information.
- All individuals identified as a Study Team Member on the study application (except administrative staff and the PI) must accept their role before the application can be submitted. See Accepting Your Role on the Study Team for details.
Role: PI/Study Team Member > Home Workspace
- Click Human Subjects Study Application under Create New to create a new study application.
- Complete all required fields marked with a red asterisk (*).
- Click Continue to save the current page and proceed to the next.
delete Do not use your web browser to navigate between pages. You can lose data entries when using the web browser buttons.
- Complete the rest of the study application.
While completing the study application, use the menu options at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Save to save your changes and stay on the same page. If you attempt to exit without saving your changes, you will be prompted to save.
- Click Exit to exit the application and return to the Study Workspace.
- Click Validate to view a list of required fields that are not completed.
- Forms Menu allows you to jump directly to any section of the application, but it ignores the smartform logic.
Tip It works best to use Continue to navigate through the application initially. Then select a section from the Forms Menu that you need to complete or edit. The exception is the Application Type page, where you must select a type before you can click Continue.