If you cannot find a user in eResearch, you can create an eResearch account. If a person has logged into eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM) before, they will have the PI/Project Team role. If you need to add a person who has never logged in before, you can create an account for:
- U-M Users: A person associated with U-M.
- Non-UM Users: A person who does not have an affiliation with U-M (a friend account or sponsored account will also need to be obtained).
Important eResearch Regulatory Management (eRRM), Proposal Management (eRPM), eRAM, and M-Inform accounts are created separately.
Role: All Roles
- Start the process to create an eRPM account by clicking one of the following options:
- Create New User button — from the Home Workspace
- Create Account button — from the Proposal Management PAF Worksheet after clicking User not found when adding 2.3 UM Key Personnel or 2.6 Administrative Personnel
- Create Account link — from the Proposal Management Unit Liaison Management Department Information page
Create Account — U-M user
To create an account for an individual associated/affiliated with U-M:
- Select the Search Type radio button.
- Enter the Uniqname or Last Name.
- Click Search.
Note After an eResearch account is created, U-M students, faculty, and staff can login using their uniqname and UMICH password.
- Click the Uniqname of the person for whom you want to create an eResearch account.
- The information about the person for whom you want to create an account is displayed.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the success confirmation.
Note You can now find this person in eRPM.
Create Account — Non-UM user
To create an account for an individual not associated/affiliated with U-M:
- If a non-UM individual needs to access the eResearch system, they will need to request an MCommunity Sponsored account or create a U-M Friend account. This creates an ID to allow non-UM users to login into some U-M systems.
- They must create a U-M Friend account using the same preferred email address that you enter on this page. If the email addresses do not match, they will not be able to log in to eResearch. For information, see MCommunity Sponsorship or Obtaining a Friend Account.
- Check the Not Currently Associated with UM box.
- Enter the personal information. You are required to enter the following to save:
- Preferred Email Address
- Retype Preferred Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address (Street 1, City, Zip, County)
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the confirmation.
You can now find this person in eResearch.