- Public Information In Your MCommunity Profile
- Hide or Show Some Information with the Viewable By menus
- Students Can Request Non-Disclosure of Directory Information
- Questions or Concerns?
A standard person profile (one that has not been customized by its owner) displays this minimal public information:
- Email address ("email@example.com" Only listed if a mail forwarding address has been entered)
Faculty and staff profiles include this additional public information:
- Title (long/working title from Wolverine Access)
- U-M work phone
- U-M work address
Student profiles include this additional public information:
- Title ("Student," followed by the student's school/college/program/department)
See About Your MCommunity Profile: View and Edit for more on what information is in your profile.
Whenever you see a Viewable By menu next to a piece of information in your profile (these are visible when you are editing the information), you can select who can see that information.
There are three options for who can view the information:
- Viewable By Everyone. Anyone with Internet access can view the information.
- Viewable By U-M Only. Only people who log in to the MCommunity Directory with a uniqname and password can view the information. This includes faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, and sponsored guests.
- Viewable By Self Only. No one other than you can see the information, and you must be logged in to see it.
Students can have everything but their uniqname hidden in their MCommunity profile by requesting non-disclosure of directory information from the Registrar's Office on their campus. This restricts what information the university can release no matter how it is released. For example, it restricts what information university telephone operators can give out and what university offices can provide to potential employers and others.
- UM-Ann Arbor. See Student Rights and Records on the Registrar's Office website. To request non-disclosure, visit the Registrar's Office in person.
- UM-Dearborn. Download the Non-Disclosure Form from the Dearborn Office of Registration & Records.
- UM-Flint. Download the Disclosure/Confidentiality Form from the Flint Registrar's Office Commonly Used Forms webpage.
If you have questions or concerns about the information displayed in your MCommunity profile—or want certain information hidden—the ITS Service Center can help.