Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) ensures that representatives who answer calls correctly logs into their own ACD group and not another group. Correctly logging into the appropriate ACD group also results in accurate statistical reports for each ACD group.
Important Always use the Login ID and password on the phone located by the Make Set Busy (MSB) key. For additional help, contact the ITS Telecommunications Analysts.
Acronyms Used in This Document
ACD: Automated Call Distribution
MSB: Make Set Busy
ACDNR: ACD Not Ready
SDN: Secondary Directory Number
Log into the ACD
- Press the MSB key and a solid share diamond will appear.
- Select the Incalls key to listen for dial tone.
- Enter the 4-digit Login ID and listen for a confirmation tone.
- Enter the 4-digit password.
Note You are now logged into your ACD group.
- Select the ACDNR key when you are ready to start receiving calls.
Important If the ACDNR key is activated, this feature will do the following:
- Allows outgoing and incoming calls on your second key.
- Does not allow incoming ACD calls to ring on the set. Caller will be transferred to the next available agent.
If the MSB key is activated but not flashing, this feature will do the following:
- Allows both Key 1 and Key 2 lines to be put into a busy state and does not allow calls to come in. The caller will hear a busy signal for Key 2 and since Key 1 is busy, the call for that line will move to the next available representative.
Note It is possible for an agent to receive calls on their SDN. Depress the MSB key twice to allow calls on the agent’s SDN.
- Allows agent to log into the ACD group along with the Incalls Key (Key 1) by using Login ID and Password assigned for that phone.