After the Export Control Office reviews a Technology Control Plan (TCP) Amendment, they will send an email notification to request signatures. This procedure contains instructions for approving or requesting changes to the TCP Amendment.
Reviewing the TCP Amendment
Project Team members specified as the Contact PI and newly added personnel with the roles of PI or Responsible Faculty Member or Other Investigator or Participant will be required to approve the TCP Amendment. Approving in eRPM:
- Records your approval in the Recent Activity list on the UFA Workspace.
- Once all required Research Personnel have signed, the TCP Amendment is automatically routed for IT Manger or Unit Review, if applicable.
Role: PI & Project Team > Home Workspace
- Click the link in the email to access the TCP Amendment.
Note If you are not authenticated to the eRPM system, you may need to log in using your uniqname and password.
If already logged in eRPM, verify the PI & Project Team role is selected.
- Click the UFAs tab.
- Click the name of the UFA in the UFAs With Required Action list.
The state of the UFA is Research Personnel Signoff TCP Amendment.
- Click Display TCP Summary to review the TCP. Or click TCP Amendment Request Form to open and review the amendment.
- If you are the Contact PI, continue to step 5.
- If you are another PI or Responsible Faculty Member or Other Investigator or Participant, go to step 8.
To Request Changes: Go to step 11.
- Click Contact PI Approve TCP Amendment.
- Verify the Country specified for you. If applicable, click Browse... to change.
- Click OK to approve the TCP Amendment.
If you are another PI or Responsible Faculty Member or an Other Investigator or Participant that was added:
- Click Personnel Approve TCP Amendment.
- Verify the Country specified for you. If applicable, click Add or Update to change.
- Click OK to certify that you have read the Technology Control Plan and agree to follow the procedures outlined in the plan.
Note The State remains TCP Amendment in Progress until all required Research Personnel have signed. Once all have signed, the State changes to IT Manager Signoff TCP Amendment, Unit Signoff TCP Amendment, or ECO Final TCP Amendment Review as applicable.
If you need to request changes:
- Click Request Amendment Change.
- Enter Comments regarding the requested change(s).
- Click OK.
- Any previously obtained approvals/signatures will be removed, and the amendment will need to be resigned.
- The State becomes TCP Amendment in Progress.
- Once all required personnel and IT Managers have re-signed, the State changes to Unit Signoff TCP Amendment or ECO Final TCP Amendment Review, as applicable.
Monday, October 7, 2019