After the Export Control Office (ECO) reviews the Technology Control Plan (TCP), they will send an email notification to request signatures. This procedure contains instructions for Signing the TCP. See Technology Control Plans & Licenses for more information about TCPs.
Before signing, please register and complete the required Export Controls course in My LINC. This course provides an overview of U.S. Export Control regulations in relation to research activity.
Signing the TCP
Anyone specified as an IT Manager in the Technology Control Plan will be required to Sign the TCP. Signing in eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM):
- Records your approval in the Recent Activity list.
- Once all IT Managers have signed, the TCP is automatically routed for Unit Review.
Role: PI & Project Team (IT Manager)
- Click the link in the email to access the TCP.
Note: If you are not authenticated to the eRPM system, you may need to log in using your uniqname and password.
If already logged in eRPM, verify the PI & Project Team role is selected.
- Click the UFAs tab.
- Click the name of the agreement in the UFAs Assigned to You for IT Manager Review list.
The state of the UFA is IT Manager Review.
- Click Display TCP Summary to review the TCP. Or click View UFA Worksheet to open and review the TCP.
- After reviewing the information in the summary, click OK.
If you agree to the terms in the TCP, continue to step 6.
If you need to request changes, skip to step 9.
- Click IT Manager Sign TCP from the Activities menu.
- Enter or Browse... the Country of Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Click OK to certify that the TCP protects the export controlled information to your satisfaction.
Note The TCP state remains IT Manager Review until all IT Managers have signed (Contact PI and Other Investigator or Participant). Once all have signed, the state changes to Unit Review TCP.
If you need to request changes to the TCP before you sign:
- Click IT Manager Request TCP Changes from the Activities menu.
- Enter Comments describing the requested changes.
- Click OK.
Note The TCP is routed to the Project Team Personnel so they can update it, and the state changes to IT Manager Review – Personnel Making Changes.
Monitoring the TCP
You can access and follow the progress or status of TCPs that you have reviewed from different tabs in your Home Workspace.
TCPs can be accessed from the UFAs tab tab in the states of:
- IT Manager Review - Personnel Making changes
- Unit Review TCP
- Unit Review - TCP Making Changes
- ECO Review Changes
- ECO Finalizing
- Click the UFAs tab.
- Click the Name in the UFAs Assigned to You for IT Manager Review list.
- If you have requested changes, the state of the UFA is IT Manager Review – Personnel Making Changes until the Research Personnel submits or declines changes.
- An email will be sent notifying you of any required action.
- Once all have signed, the state changes to Unit Review TCP.
- Once a TCP gets final approval, its state becomes Active. It can be accessed from the UFAs tab under the Active list.