After the Export Control Office (ECO) reviews a TCP Amendment, they will send an email notification to request signatures. This procedure contains instructions for IT Managers for approving the TCP Amendment or requesting changes.
Role: PI & Project Team (IT Manager)
Depending on the type of change, anyone specified as an IT Manager in the Technology Control Plan will be required to approve a TCP Amendment. Approving in eResearch Proposal Management (eRPM):
- Records your approval under Recent Activity.
- Once all IT Managers have signed, the TCP Amendment is automatically routed for Unit Review, if needed.
- Click the link in the email to access the TCP Amendment.
Note If you are not authenticated to the eRPM system, you may need to log in using your uniqname and password.
If already logged in eRPM, verify the PI & Project Team role is selected.
- Click the UFAs tab.
- Click the name of the TCP in the UFAs Assigned to You for IT Manager Review list.
The state of the TCP is IT Manager Signoff TCP Amendment.
- Click TCP Amendment Request Form to review the amendment.
- After reviewing the request form, click OK.
If you agree to the terms in the amendment, continue to step 6.
If you need to request changes, skip to step 9.
- Click IT Manager Approve TCP Amdendment from the Activities menu.
- Enter or click Browse... to specify Country of Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Click OK to certify that the TCP protects the export controlled information to your satisfaction.
Note The TCP state remains IT Manager Signoff TCP Amendment until all required IT Managers have signed. Once all have signed, the State changes to Unit Signoff TCP Amendment or ECO Final TCP Amendment Review, as applicable.
If you need to request changes to the Amendment before signing:
- Click Request Amendment Change from the Activities menu.
- Enter Comments describing the requested changes.
- Click OK.
- The State becomes TCP Amendment in Progress.
- The TCP is routed to the Project Team Personnel so they can update it. Any previously obtained approvals/signatures will be removed, and the amendment needs to be re-signed by all required personnel.
- Once all required personnel and IT Managers have re-signed, the State changes to Unit Signoff TCP Amendment or ECO Final TCP Amendment Review, as applicable.