This procedure details how to make a clone (copy) of an existing PAF Worksheet. Before you begin, you need to locate the PAF you want to clone.
Who Can Clone: If you are listed on a PAF as key or administrative personnel with edit rights, you can clone it.
- A PAF can be cloned from any state, e.g., Proposal Preparation, Unit Review, ORSP Review, Cancelled, etc.
- When a PAF is cloned, the following information is NOT copied:
- PI signatures on PAF/Conflict of Interest Statement
- Attached documents
- Answers to some of the PAF Worksheet questions
- Budget and Budget Component data
- A cloned PAF (child) cannot be accessed from the original (parent). Go to your Home Workspace to find your clone. It will have state of Proposal Preparation.
Role: PI & Project Team > PAF Workspace
- Click Clone PAF.
- Enter the name for the new PAF.
Important! Cloning a PAF automatically relates the clone (child) and original (parent) PAFs unless you select New as the cloning type.
- Select the cloning type. Options include:
- New - An application that is being submitted for the first time to a particular sponsor.
- Full Proposal (Pre-Proposal Use Only) - An application that is being submitted in response to a sponsor invitation following submission and review of a pre-proposal/pre-application to the sponsor.
- Increment - An application submitted to sponsor in order to receive continuation of funding. This does not undergo a competitive review process from the sponsor but does require a new PAF.
- Project (Umbrella Agreement Use Only) - An application submitted to a sponsor that fits under an Umbrella Agreement. Must have an existing umbrella agreement to choose this option.
- (Competitive) Renewal/Continuation - An application for sponsor consideration to continue a currently active or previously funded project (by that same sponsor). Example: Sponsor awarded funding for a five-year project. PI wishes to apply for funding to continue funding for an additional five years. This second application would be considered a Continuation or Renewal.
- Resubmission - An application that is being revised and submitted again for review by the same sponsor, typically altered in response to reviewer critiques of a previous submission of the application. Implies the sponsor made a final decision not to fund the previous version.
- Supplement - An application for additional funding to supplement a currently funded project (same sponsor). The request may cover additional work or simply increased costs of the existing project.
- Click OK.
- The Project Team Cloned PAF appears in Recent Activity.
- The Author displays who cloned the PAF.
- The Activity Date displays when the PAF was cloned.
- Click My Home to return to your Home Workspace.
- The cloned PAF appears in the PAFs with Required Action section of your inbox.
The state of your cloned PAF is Proposal Preparation.
Monday, September 16, 2019