All submission methods are recorded in eResearch for a proposal that has been submitted to its sponsor. When the Project Team has submitted the proposal, the recording of the submission methods are accomplished using an activity called Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor. ORSP will not be able to begin processing an award unless this activity is completed.
Who Can Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor: Only the U-M PI or Primary Research Administrator can complete the activity Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor.
If the Project Team has indicated on the PAF Worksheet that ORSP will submit, then ORSP will record the submission.
The activity Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor is available only under the following conditions:
- after ORSP review and approvals have been completed
- proposal has been finalized (upload 1 PDF of the final proposal document when finalizing)
- and the PAF/proposal in one of the following States:
- Project Team Submission to Sponsor
- Submitted to Sponsor
- Negotiation in Progress
Role: PI & Project Team > PAF workspace > Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor activity
- Click Log Project Team Submission to Sponsor under Activities on the PAF workspace.
Note This activity is available only after the proposal has been finalized. You will see the text in green on the PAF Workspace “This proposal has been finalized and is ready for submission.”
- Click Add.
- Enter Submission Date.
- Select Submission Method.
- If applicable, enter Submission Notes, Tracking Number, and Recipient.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to return to the PAF workspace.
The State of the PAF is now Submitted to Sponsor, and the activity is logged in Recent Activity.
If you need to add more submission dates and methods, repeat steps 1-8.