Based on the information provided in the PAF or Unfunded Agreement (UFA), the system determines which units the submission should be routed to for review. Unit Reviewers can send a PAF or UFA to a person who has not been previously designated as a Reviewer. Anyone who has an account in the system can be added as an Ad Hoc Reviewer.
Who Can Assign Ad Hoc Reviewers: For a department, anyone with Reviewer or Reviewer Who Can Sign access can assign ad hoc reviewers. Contact your Research Unit Liaison if you need Reviewer or Reviewer Who Can Sign access.
- Ad Hoc Reviewers are given access to view and enter their review comments on the PAF/UFA. They are to use the Post Reviewer Comment activity.
- Ad Hoc Reviewers are not able to “approve” the PAF/UFA. This remains the responsibility of the Reviewers listed on the PAF/UFA.
Role: Reviewer > Home Workspace > PAF/UFA Workspace
The procedure for assigning an Ad Hoc Reviewer is the same regardless of whether it’s for review of a PAF or an UFA. The only difference is whether you begin in the applicable PAF or UFA Workspace.
- From the PAF/UFA Workspace, click the Assign Ad Hoc Reviewer activity.
- Click Browse...
- Enter the last name of the person you want to assign as a Reviewer, and then click Go.
- If applicable, select different Filter by criteria
- Use the percent sign (%) as a wildcard character. For example, searching for %kim% returns Hakim, Kim and Kimball.
- Check the box in front of the desired person’s name.
- Click OK.
- (Recommended) Enter Comments describing what you need the Reviewer to do. Comments are included in the system-generated email to Reviewers.
- Click OK.
An email will be sent to the assigned Ad Hoc Reviewer.
Repeat steps 1-7 to assign additional Reviewers.