After the Export Control Office (ECO) reviews a Technology Control Plan (TCP) Amendment, they will send an email notification to request signatures. After all required Research Personnel and IT Manager(s) have signed, the TCP Amendment will go to Unit Reviewers for approval, depending on the amendment change type. This procedure contains instructions for Unit Reviewers to approve or request changes to the TCP Amendment.
Reviewing the TCP Amendment
UFA Email Notifiers will receive an email requesting signature. In addition, Dean and Department Chair approval is required, and it can be uploaded if necessary. Approving in eRPM:
- Records your approval under Recent Activity on the UFA Workspace.
- Once all Units have signed, the amendment is automatically routed for ECO to finalize, and the UFA State changes from Unit Approve TCP Amendment to ECO Final TCP Amendment Review.
Role: Unit Reviewer > Home Workspace
Approve a TCP Amendment
- Click the link in the email to access the TCP Amendment.
Note If you are not authenticated to the eRPM system, you may need to log in using your uniqname and password.
If already logged in eRPM, verify the Reviewer role is selected.
- Click the UFAs tab.
- Click the name of the UFA in the UFAs Ready for Review and Approval list.
The state of the UFA is Unit Signoff TCP Amendment.
- Click View TCP Amendment Request Form to open the amendment.
- Click OK when you are finished reviewing.
- If you are ready to approve, click Unit Approve TCP Amendment from the Activities menu and continue to step 7.
If you need to request changes, click Unit Request Amendment Change from the Activities menu, then go to step 11.
- Check the box for which department you are approving.
- If you are the Department Chair, School/College Dean, or Director, check the box to attest that you are aware the project involves materials and/or info subject to Export Control Regulations.
- If you are NOT the Department Chair, School/College Dean, or Director, click Add to upload confirmation of approval.
- Click OK.
- Enter Comments describing the requested change(s).
- Click OK.
- The State becomes TCP Amendment in Progress.
- The TCP is routed to the Project Team Personnel so they can update it. Any previously obtained approvals/signatures will be removed, and the amendment will need to be re-signed by all required personnel.
- Once all required personnel have re-signed, the State changes to ECO Final TCP Amendment Review.
Friday, September 13, 2019