Operating system (OS) updates are available via Software Center Applications. Follow the steps below to upgrade to the latest OS.
- Prior to installing the new OS:
- Set aside at least 90 minutes for the installation to run. You won’t be able to use your computer until the upgrade is finished.
- Plug in your computer to a power source.
- Connect your computer to a network (preferably U-M hard wired or the MWireless network).
- Once you are ready to begin, click the MiWorkspace icon in the system tray.
- Click Software Center.
- Click Applications and select Windows 10 1709 Upgrade.
- Note: You can type “Windows” in the search bar at the top right to narrow your choices if you are having a hard time finding the upgrade.
- Note: If you don’t see the upgrade, you might not have enough drive space available. Please contact the Service Center.
- Click Install to start the upgrade.
- Click Next on the “Welcome to the Windows 10 1709 Upgrade” window that pops up.
- The software will check that your computer has enough space and memory and that it is plugged in.
- Click Next when the checks have completed successfully.
- Click Start Upgrade on the “Ready to Upgrade” window.
- After the update is installed, your computer will restart. Login normally when prompted.
Tuesday, December 11, 2018