Operating system (OS) updates are available through the Managed Software Center as an optional upgrade. Follow the steps below to upgrade to the latest OS.
Note: Verify that you have opened the Managed Software Center and not the App Store.
- Prior to installing the new OS:
- Set aside at least an hour for the installation to run. Your computer will be unavailable during the installation period.
- Install all pending updates available in the Managed Software Center.
- Plug in your computer to a power source.
- Connect your computer to a wired internet network (recommended).
- Make sure your hard drive has 10GB of free space available.
- Click the block M in the menu bar to access university and MiWorkspace-specific resources.
- Click Managed Software Center.
- Click Software and select the desired OS X version.
- Click Updates and select Update All. You will be prompted to log out to begin installation.
- Your computer will restart after several minutes. Enter your password, if prompted, to continue installation.
- After the update is installed, your computer will reboot. Login normally when prompted.
- Please ignore prompts from PaperCut or CrashPlan indicating that you need to install a Java SE 6 runtime.
- The Managed Software Center will launch after you login and may run for an extended time to load the OS X updates for installed applications. It is important you install all updates offered. (logout will be required).
Thursday, April 11, 2019