- If you are using a University of Michigan MiWorkspace managed device, VPN software and profiles are configured for you. If you need help connecting to VPN on a managed device, please contact the ITS Service Center. These pages provide VPN configurations for unmanaged devices (e.g., research users, BYOD users).
- With the exception of Conference Participant/Short Term Guest accounts, sponsored affiliates are able to use the VPN.
Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Select the appropriate VPN client for your university role:
- Run the downloaded UMVPN-anyconnect file to install the client.
- Follow the prompts.
Connect Using the VPN
Important You must have a network connection to connect via the VPN.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility client.
- Select UMVPN - All Traffic or UMVPN - Only U-M Traffic from the profile drop-down list.
- Click Connect.
- When prompted, authenticate using your uniqname and UMICH password.
- Complete Duo-Two-Factor authentication.
Note: Currently, both Duo Two-Factor authentication VPN profiles and VPN profiles that do not require Duo Two-Factor are available. Choose the Legacy option for the appropriate VPN profile if Duo Two-Factor is not needed.
Friday, April 8, 2016