Note: If you are using a University of Michigan MiWorkspace managed device, VPN software and profiles are configured for you. If you need help connecting to VPN on a managed device, please contact the ITS Service Center. These pages provide VPN configurations for unmanaged devices (e.g. research users, BYOD users).
Note: Sponsored affiliates are able to use the VPN if they are issued a University of Michigan ID (UMID) number with their sponsorship credentials.
Download the VPN Client
Important: These instructions will only work with the Safari web browser on the iOS device.
- Launch Safari on the iOS device and navigate to this page.
- Select the appropriate client based on your university role.
- Go into your Settings and select Profile Downloaded.
- Follow the configuration prompts to install the profile. Enter your uniqname and password. Staff, faculty, students, and sponsored affiliates will be prompted to authenticate twice - this is normal and allows users the option to choose to tunnel all traffic or only tunnel traffic to and from U-M networks.
Connect to the VPN
Important: You must have a network connection to connect via the VPN.
- Select Settings - VPN.
- Select a profile and toggle the connection on. If the connection is successful, you will see the VPN icon appear in the device status bar.
Friday, April 8, 2016