The Remote Office Hours Queue is a virtual queueing tool that allows meeting hosts to manage queues of attendees waiting to meet with them for private one-on-one meetings in person or over Zoom video conferencing. Hosts may select which of the 2 meeting types (in person and/or Zoom) attendees can select when joining the queue. This tool is for hosts who prefer to have one-on-one meetings with attendees rather than host office hours or other meetings in a group format. Hosts and attendees must log in to Remote Office Hours Queue using U-M Weblogin.
Note: Remote Office Hours Queue works best with Chrome, Safari, and Firefox (desktop or mobile).
- Create an unlimited number of queues, name the queue, add a description, open and close the queue
- Control the allowed meeting types (Zoom and/or in-person)
- Add other hosts to the queue to collaborate on the same queue simultaneously
- Copy the URL of the queue to share with attendees so they can join
- View attendees in line for their queue
- View information about the attendee's meeting in the queue, including the attendee's name, uniqname, time they joined the queue, agenda the attendee has added (if any), and whether a host of the queue has been assigned to the meeting
- Assign a host (assign myself, or assign another host of the queue) to each meeting to clarify who is helping/will help each attendee
- Start meetings by clicking "Ready for Attendee" for in person meetings or "Create Meeting" for video conferencing meetings, moving the meeting into the Meetings in Progress section
- Join the video conferencing meeting with the attendee, if Zoom is the meeting type selected
- Remove attendees from the queue after they have been helped by clicking "End Meeting"
- Delete attendees from the queue before they have been helped, if needed
- Permanently their delete queue
- Enable SMS notifications to a phone number of their choice to be notified when an attendee joins their previously empty queue
- Search for a queue by host uniqname or queue name
- Navigate directly to a queue given a URL from a host
- View the number of attendees already in line
- Choose between the allowed meeting types (Zoom or in person) for the queue, if there are multiple; otherwise attendees join the queue with the only allowed meeting type
- Join the queue
- View an updated number of people in line ahead of them so they know when their turn is coming up
- View what time they joined the queue
- Add an agenda to tell the host(s) what they want to meet about
- Join the Zoom meeting to meet with the host(s) once it is created by the host, if Zoom is the meeting type selected
- Leave the line prior to their turn, if desired
- Enable SMS notifications to a phone number of their choice to be notified when it is their turn
How can we help you?
Contact the ITS Service Center:
- Chat: chatsupport.it.umich.edu
- Call: 734-764-HELP (764-4357)