The Remote Office Hours Queue is a virtual queueing tool that allows meeting hosts to manage queues of attendees waiting to meet with them for private one-on-one meetings in-person or over BlueJeans video conferencing. Hosts may select whether attendees can join the queue for only in-person, only BlueJeans, or either type of meeting. For BlueJeans meetings, the Remote Office Hours Queue application will automatically create and provide a unique BlueJeans meeting ID for every attendee. This tool is for hosts who prefer to have one-on-one meetings with attendees rather than host office hours or other meetings in a group format. Hosts and attendees must log in to Remote Office Hours Queue using U-M Weblogin.
Note: Remote Office Hours Queue works best with Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Support for Internet Explorer and Edge are planned for the future. In the meantime, we encourage you to use one of the supported browsers.
- Create an unlimited number of queues, name the queue, add a description, open and close the queue
- Add other hosts to the queue to collaborate on the same queue
- Copy the URL of the queue to share with attendees so they can join
- View attendees in line for their queue
- View information about the attendee's meeting in the queue, including the attendee's name, uniqname, time they joined the queue, agenda the attendee has added (if any), and whether a host of the queue has been assigned to the meeting
- Assign a host (assign myself, or assign another host of the queue) to each meeting to clarify who is helping/will help each attendee
- Join the BlueJeans meeting with the attendee, if BlueJeans is the meeting type selected
- Delete attendees from their queue once they have been helped
- Permanently their delete queue
Anyone who can log in with U-M Weblogin and is eligible for a U-M BlueJeans account may be a queue host. Hosts must create their U-M BlueJeans account prior to hosting meetings using Remote Office Hours Queue.
- Search for a queue by host uniqname or queue name
- Navigate directly to a queue given a URL from a host
- View the number of attendees already in line
- Join the queue
- View an updated number of people in line ahead of them so they know when their turn is coming up
- Add an agenda to tell the host(s) what they want to meet about
- Join the BlueJeans meeting to meet with the host(s), if BlueJeans is the meeting type selected
- Leave the line prior to their turn, if desired
Anyone who can log in with U-M Weblogin may be a queue attendee (no BlueJeans account is required for attendees).
How can we help you?
Contact the ITS Service Center:
- Chat: chatsupport.it.umich.edu
- Call: 734-764-HELP (764-4357)