When a new staff person transfers from one U-M unit to another, the person retains administrative access roles from the previous unit. The Unit Liaison of the new unit is expected to:
- Review the person’s access.
- Remove roles that are not needed in the new unit.
The two overall steps are to:
- Review the person’s existing access using the Access Validation Report in M-Reports.
- If necessary, submit an access request in the Online Access Request System (OARS) to remove roles that are no longer needed.
Run Access Validation Report
- Log in to M-Reports.
- Under the Compliance tab, select Access Validation Report.
- Enter the staff member’s uniqname to view his/her access.
- Click Refresh.
- Review the individual’s access.
- If appropriate, check with the individual’s new manager to determine which, if any, of the roles need to be removed.
Submit Access Change Request
- Log in to the Online Access Request System (OARS).
- Click Request.
- Enter or lookup the Uniqname of the employee for whom access is being removed in the User Information section.
- Click Show All Selected in the Role Selection Tool section.
Note: The list displays all of the employee's current roles. Any additional roles that are checked while creating the new request also display.
- Uncheck the box for each role to be removed.
- Review the Summary section to verify the accuracy of the request.
- Enter Additional Comments to describe the reason for the role removal.
- Click the applicable button:
- Submit for Authorization - to submit the request for approval.
- Save - to save the request for submission later.
Note: You may also request new access for the individual in this access request. Refer to Submitting Access Requests for the detailed steps.
Contact the ITS Service Center.