Self-created redirect rules in the ITS Exchange Voicemail system may prevent voicemail messages from being delivered to U-M Google email accounts. To resolve this issue, convert self-created redirect rules to forwarding rules.
- Log into Outlook Web App (OWA) using Internet Explorer or Safari.
Warning: Please use ONLY Internet Explorer or Safari to edit rules. Other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome will not allow you to update the rules.
- Note: Username is your 10-digit phone number and Password is your OWA password. If you do not know your OWA password, contact ITCOM at 3-2000 option 1, or email email@example.com.
- Click Options from the Settings menu in the upper-right corner.
- Click organize email.
- Select the rule you created and click Edit .
Warning: Do not edit VMFwdFix2018, if present.
- Take note of the people and email addresses, as they are removed in the following steps.
- If present, click More Options at the bottom of the page.
- Select Forward messages to... from the Do the following: drop-down list.
Note: Affected rules current have Redirect the message to... in this field.
Important: Do not select Forward the message as an attachment.
- Enter each email address in the To field.
Note: Press Enter after each email address.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4-10 for any remaining self-created redirect rules.
- Verify that the rule is now "Forward the message to..." and click Save.
Note: Click Yes if the prompt "Do you want to apply this rule to all future messages?".