These instructions outline the steps you need to follow if you need to send your inscan file to the Document Imaging team or a co-worker. This file allows the user's capture profile settings to be shared with others. This file is used in the instructions for importing a capture profile.
Retrieve an Inscan File
The inscan file has the capture profiles that a user needs in order for them to capture documents. To retrieve this inscan file from your computer and send it to ITS, please follow these steps:
- Start a new email, Click on the attachment icon, a window will pop-up that list all your network drives and folders. (This is in preparation for attaching your inscan file from your computer.)
- To find the inscan file do the following on the windows explorer window, in the box, (clear out what defaulted in) and type %appdata% and click Enter.
- You will see an ImageNow folder. Double-click to open that folder.
- Look for inscan.xml file. Select that file and click Open. (double click)
- The file will get attached to the email. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org