In the VM console, it can be difficult to read the boot menu. When an edit to the BIOS or boot from a CD-ROM is needed, complete the following steps:
- Power on the Virtual Server.
- Click inside the console.
- Press F2 to enter Setup.
- Press F12 for Network Boot.
- Press ESC for Boot Menu.
If the servers appear to boot to the network boot screen, the BIOS is probably set to try network boot after the local disk. While in the console, press CTRL+ALT+INSERT to recycle the VM instead of clicking the power cycle button.
For Apple keyboards: The Delete key on Apple keyboards is the same as the backspace key in other operating systems. To send the DEL key to a virtual machine, do the following:
- On a MacBook or MacBook Pro keyboard, press Fn-Delete
- On a full-sized Mac keyboard, press the Forward Delete key located below the Help key.
Mac keyboards do not have an obvious INSERT key. To send the INSERT key to a virtual machine, do the following:
- On a MacBook or MacBook Pro keyboard, press Fn-M.
- On a full-sized Mac keyboard, press the Help key.
For detailed Keyboard Controls see Using Using Mac Keyboards in a Virtual Machine. This will make it it easier to press F2 and re-configure the BIOS.