Welcome to Student Explorer Resources & Support, resources to help you learn how to use the Student Explorer tool! This article provides a starting point for new users or people who want to learn about Student Explorer. A full list of articles about Student Explorer can be found here; this page can also be accessed by clicking the "Student Explorer" link in the "Tags" section at the bottom of the articles. This list of articles is the same as those linked in the "Learn more" section below.
What is Student Explorer?
Student Explorer is a University of Michigan tool that helps academic advisors identify academically at-risk students using Learning Management System data. For more information about Student Explorer's purpose and its history, see About Student Explorer.
Learn more about Student Explorer
- Learn how to gain access to Student Explorer and how access is governed.
- Learn how to get to Student Explorer directly or from the LSA Undergraduate Advising File.
- Learn about the My Students page, your homepage in Student Explorer that lists all of your students.
- Learn about Student Explorer cohorts (a.k.a. student lists, advisor assignments), including what they are and how to request them, also known as student lists or advisor assignments. Cohorts control which students you see on your My Students page.
- Learn about the data used in Student Explorer and where it comes from.
- Learn about the green/yellow/red/gray status indicators.
- Learn what you can see on a Student Detail page, a breakdown of all courses a student is taking and their status within them.
- Learn what you can see on a Course Detail page, an in-depth look at a student's performance in a particular course.
Contact the Student Explorer Team
Can't find what you're looking for, or need help?