AppsAnywhere is an app store that enables staff, faculty, and students, on Windows computers, to access the university software they need, all from one web portal. Beginning this spring, Campus Computing Sites is conducting an AppsAnywhere pilot for students with personal Windows computers. Fill out the pilot survey application to join the pilot. If you are accepted as a participant, you will receive an eligibility email and will have access to download and test drive AppsAnywhere on your personal Windows device.
Accessing Software on a personal Windows Computer
- Install the AppsAnywhere client and Cloudpaging Player. (You may skip this step if the software is already installed.)
- Open your preferred web browser and go to https://appsanywhere.it.umich.edu.
- Use your uniqname and UMICH (Level-1) password to login.
- Click It’s my first time using AppsAnywhere on this device. Let’s go.
- The AppsAnywhere client installation will download automatically. Once complete, click Run. Once the icon appears, click Done to complete the installation.
- AppsAnywhere client install dialog box will appear. Click Next through the installation guide.
- At the conclusion of the installation, click Close to your web browser.
- Your browser may prompt you to open the launcher. If it does, check the box to Always open these types of links in the associated app and click Open AppsAnywhere Launcher.
- Once the AppsAnywhere Launcher is installed, you can hover over any application and click Launch to launch it.
- The first time you launch an application, it may be slow due to the installation process. After the initial launch, the application will load faster.
- The initial installation steps of AppsAnywhere client and the Cloudpaging player should only be necessary one time.
- The application will be downloaded, installed, and started from the Cloudpaging player. You can check the status of the application installation and launch by looking at the Cloudpaging Player.
- If the Cloudpaging player is not installed, it will download automatically the first time an application is launched from the portal.
- Once the application is installed, you should be able to launch the application from the Start Menu as long as you don’t remove the application from the Cloudpaging Player.
- Note that the application will not appear in the Add/Remove Programs list even though it does appear on the Start Menu.
- Use the Cloudpaging Player to remove applications (see the Removing an Application section below).