The MPrint Mobile App is designed to provide a simpler way to print, by taking advantage of Follow Me Printing. Follow Me is a virtual print queue that holds your documents for up to 24 hours, letting you control where and when they get released. Follow Me printing minimizes frustration from accidentally printing to the wrong printer, printing to a device that is jammed or out of toner, or having someone accidentally grab your document before you get to the printer.
With the MPrint Mobile App, you are able to:
- Upload docs to Follow Me from your phone.
- Release Follow Me jobs to any printer on campus with a yellow MPrint print queue label.
- Delete jobs from the Follow Me queue.
- Detect printers near you to release your print job.
Note The MPrint Mobile App leverages Bluetooth beacons on printers to show a list of available nearby printers. If nearby printers do not have beacons, you can release your documents by using the MPrint Mobile App to scan the QR codes on any Campus Computing Sites or MiWorkspace printer.
Using the MPrint Mobile App with Follow Me
Using the MPrint Mobile App with Follow Me is a two-step process. First, you submit your document(s) to the Follow Me print queue. Then, you release your document(s) to the printer of your choice using the MPrint Mobile App (or one of our other convenient methods).
You can submit documents to the Follow Me print queue by using any of these methods:
- Print to the Follow Me print queue from your computer (Install Follow Me)
- Upload documents to Follow Me using the MPrint web page
- Upload documents to Follow Me from your smartphone using the MPrint Mobile app (detailed instructions below).
Once you’ve submitted your print job to Follow Me, you can release it to campus printers using the MPrint Mobile app on your smartphone.
The following links provide detailed steps on how to use the MPrint Mobile App: