Important We recommend that you change your Oracle password once a year.
Guidelines for Creating a Secure Password
Here are some important steps designed to assist you with the initial access to Oracle and password set up. Choosing a strong, secure password reduces the risk that your password will be guessed or stolen by a password thief.
Your Oracle password must contain at least 15 characters and include 3 of the following:
- At least 1 uppercase letter
- At least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 digit
- At least 1 special character
Note: Only the following special characters are allowed: # $ _
Your Oracle password must:
- Differ from your previous database password by at least 3 characters
- Not include your username, the database name, or other common strings
- Differ from your previous three database passwords