When opening PDF documents from the Imaging Desktop Application (Perceptive Content) one of the following Adobe Reader or Acrobat errors appears:
- "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again."
- "There was an error processing a page. An internal error has occurred."
- "The exception unknown software exception"
These errors typically occur when Adobe Reader or Acrobat is running in protected mode. To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Open the Adobe Reader or Acrobat application.
- On the toolbar, click Edit, and then click Preferences.
- In the left pane, click Internet.
- Clear each check box under Web Browser Options, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, click Security (Enhanced).
- Clear the Enable Protected Mode at startup check box.