What can be migrated to Team Drives?
Important: You must have at least Edit access in the destination team drive.
- Files of which you are Owner.
- Several files at once by multi-selecting.
- Folders from another Team Drive in which you have at least Edit access.
What can not be migrated to Team Drives?
- Folders can not currently be migrated from My Drive to Team Drive.
- Files and documents of which someone else is Owner.
- If the owner is no longer at the University of Michigan, you can submit a ticket to the Service Center and work with the Collaboration Services team.
- The Collaboration Services team is not able to move files and documents that are owned by someone external to U-M.
How will this affect other collaborators?
Note: Permissions explicitly granted on individual files will be preserved. Permissions granted on (or inherited from) folders are not copied.
- File permissions and links are not changed.
- People who are not members of the Team Drive can still access the file with previously granted permission as long as those permissions are not inherited from a folder.
- Files are no longer available from My Drive; they are moved to the Team Drive.
- Moved files remain in the user's Shared with me and Recent locations.
How to move a file into Team Drives.
Note: The time it takes to move a document depends upon its size.
- Drag and drop the file from My Drive to Team Drives on the left sidebar.
- A version of this pop-up message appears during the move:
- A version of the following alert appears if there are collaborators on the file’s original folder: