The guides available from Cisco describe basic IP phone tasks. From the Cisco Product Support Page.
Placing a Call
There are several ways to place a call:
Dial the number without lifting the handset, then press Dial.
Press the Redial softkey, or press the Navigation button to see your recently placed calls.
- Dial from a Directory
Press the Directories button and choose a call log.
- Speed Dial
Press a speed-dial button or enter an Abbreviated Dial code.
Answering a Call
Three indicators appear when you receive a new call:
- A flashing amber line button.
- An animated icon next to the button.
- A call window that displays caller ID.
To answer a call, press the flashing amber button, the Answer softkey, or lift the handset.
Note To place a call on hold, press the Hold softkey.
Transferring a Call
To transfer a call:
- Press the Transfer softkey. Note The call cannot be on hold.
- Dial the transfer recipient's number, or use speed dial.
- Wait for the recipient to answer.
- Press Transfer again to complete the transfer.
Forwarding Your Phone
To redirect all incoming calls to another number:
- Press the CFwdALL or Forward softkey.
- Enter a phone number, or press a speed dial button or the Messages button.
Note Look for the call forward icon when verifying if a call is active.
To cancel call forwarding, press CFwdALL or Forward again.
Note You may need to press the more softkey first.
Accessing Voice Messages
For More Information
Contact the Telecommunications Analysts for assistance.