To leave a message in someone's Exchange voice mailbox without ringing their phone:
- Dial your voicemail access number.
- If you are using your desk phone, press star (*) after hearing "Welcome".
If you are using another phone, go to step 3.
- After hearing "To Contact Someone," press #.
- After hearing "If You Know the Extension," press #.
- Enter your 10-digit phone number.
- Press # to compose and leave a message.
Note: If you do not press # to leave a message, your phone will start dialing the number.
When Someone Attempts to Send Me a Fax, They Hear My Voicemail Greeting.
Advise senders not to hang up when they hear your greeting. After the greeting, your phone will respond to the fax tones and allow a connection.