Welcome to the MiServer Virtualization Service. Here are some important steps designed to assist you with the initial access and administration of your virtual server.
For information and installation instructions, please see U-M Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Username: <uniqname>
- Password: <UMICH password>
Note: To enable the console function for the virtual server when using Internet Explorer, be sure to add vcenter.umich.edu as a trusted site:
- Click Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted Sites zone and then click the Sites button.
- In the Add this website to the zone box, type https://vcenter.umich.edu:9443.
- Click Close and then click OK.
- Create or obtain an ISO image for the appropriate operating system.
- On the summary tab of the Virtual Machine Object, select Launch Remote Console
- From the VMRC menu, select Removable Devices, CD/DVD drive, Connect to Disk Image File (iso)... and select your Operating System ISO (from step 1).
- Power on your virtual server.
Install the TSM client based on your operating system:
IMPORTANT! The backup schedule runs automatically every night, but the client must be installed on your VM and its connection initialized with the TSM server for successful backups to occur.
To ensure that you are aware of all system maintenance issues and announcements, please join the MiSever Notify MCommunity group. For instructions on joining this group, visit the MiServer Notify directory site.
For help, please contact the Service Center:
- 4-HELP (734-764-4357)
- Submit a Service Request Online