Install Zoom for G-Suite Add-On
With the Zoom for GSuite add-on, you can use Zoom to easily schedule, join, manage, and customize meetings from Google Mail and Google Calendar.
Install the Zoom for GSuite Add-on
Important: If you currently use the Zoom Scheduler Google Chrome extension, we recommend that you uninstall the extension from your web browser and use the Zoom for GSuite add-on. The add-on provides the same user experience across all web browsers and the Google Calendar mobile application. For more information on how to uninstall a Chrome extension, visit Google’s Help Center.
To install the Zoom for GSuite add-on:
- Go to the G Suite Marketplace and find the “Zoom for GSuite” add-on: https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/zoom_for_gsuite/364750910244
- Click Install.
- Zoom will ask for permission to access your U-M Google account. Click Continue and then Allow.
- After installation, navigate to your Google Calendar and open the Zoom for GSuite add-on from the right sidebar. You will receive a pop-up stating “Zoom for GSuite was installed”. Click Got it to minimize.
- Once you have opened the add-on, you will be asked to sign in to your U-M Zoom account. Click Sign in. This will open a new window.
If you are currently logged into your U-M Zoom account:
- Google Calendar will ask for permission to access your U-M Zoom account. Click Authorize.
If you are not currently logged into your U-M Zoom account:
- On the Zoom sign-in page, click Sign in with SSO.
- Next, in the text box, enter our “company domain”: umich.
- Click Continue.
You should now be able to use the add-on. You may notice the add-on has been added to your Google Calendar and Google Mail right sidebars.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the Zoom for GSuite icon to populate in the right sidebar of your Google Calendar.
Add a U-M Zoom Rooms conference room to a calendar meeting
- In Google Calendar, click Create Event, enter all pertinent meeting information (title, times, etc.)
- Under More Options, click Add video conferencing, and select Zoom Meeting.
- Click the Rooms tab and select the Zoom Rooms enabled conference room. (Invite individual participants under the Guest tab.)
- When the room and all guests have been added, click Save.
Start a scheduled Zoom Rooms meeting
- Tap the Meeting List icon on the controller menu bar.
- Tap your meeting.
- Tap Start.
Find out more about Zoom Rooms at U-M.