This document describes the process to create a Denodo data source against Google BigQuery using the OAuth client ID pre-generated token scheme.
This document assumes use of the JDBC Simba BigQuery driver.
Data Owner Configures the GCP Project
Within the GCP project:
- Navigate to APIs & Services > OAuth consent.
- Configure the consent screen granting the following scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/bigquery
- Navigate to APIs & Services > Credentials.
- Create credentials of type OAuth client ID.
- Application type: Desktop app
- Click Create and Copy the Client ID and Client secret
Create OAuth Access and Refresh Tokens
In the Denodo VDP client:
- Open the VDP client.
- Connect to the Denodo environment.
- Navigate to Tools > OAuth credentials wizards > OAuth 2.0 wizard and set the following:
- Authentication grant: Authorization code grant
- Client identifier: Client ID from #4 in previous section
- Client secret: Client Secret from #4 in previous section
- Authentication method: Include the client credentials in the body of the request
- Token endpoint URL: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token
- Authorization server URL: https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth
- Redirect URI: https://localhost
- Scopes: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/bigquery
- Click the Generate the authorization URL, then click the Open URL link, which will open a browser window.
- Give consent when prompted.
Note: The browser returns a message that ‘localhost’ refused to connect, but the browser address bar will contain the required authorization response URL.
- Copy the URL from the browser address bar and paste it into the Paste the authorization response URL field in the Denodo OAuth credentials wizard.
- Click Obtain the OAuth 2.0 credentials.
- Copy the credentials to the clipboard and store in a secure location.
Create a JDBC Denodo Data Source
- Navigate to New > Data source > JDBC, and configure the following:
- Database adapter: Google BigQuery
- Database URI (substitute the values from #7 in the previous section): jdbc:bigquery://https://www.googleapis.com/bigquery/v2:443;ProjectId=<Project ID>;OAuthType=2;OAuthAccessToken=<Access Token>;OAuthRefreshToken=<Refresh Token>;OAuthClientId=<Client ID>;OAuthClientSecret=<Client Secret>;Timeout=1200
- Click Test to verify the data source connection.
Monday, January 4, 2021