Download and Configure the VPN Client
- Download and install Cisco AnyConnect from the App Store.
- Open the installed application.
- Select Connections, then Add VPN Connection.
- Staff, faculty, students, or sponsored affiliates should enter umvpn.umnet.umich.edu as the Server Address in the Connection Editor.
- Alumni or Retirees should enter umvpn3.umnet.umich.edu as the Server Address in the Connection Editor.
- Tap Save.
- A pop up opens: "AnyConnect" would like to Add VPN Connections. Tap Allow.
- If you have TouchID enabled, you may be asked for your fingerprint.
- If you a have a lock enabled, it will ask you to verify.
Connect Using the VPN
Important You must have a network connection to connect via the VPN.
- Open the AnyConnect application.
- Ensure the VPN connection you just created is selected.
- Tab the AnyConnect VPN toggle to on.
- When prompted, authenticate using your university uniqname and UMICH password.
- Complete Duo Two-Factor authentication.
Note: The UMVPN - All Traffic profile is automatically selected. Hit back to select the UMVPN - Only U-M Traffic profile from the drop-down.
Thursday, November 12, 2020