Placing a Call
- Click the button next to the phone number.
- Use either the IP Communicators keypad or your laptop/desktop keypad to enter phone number. Non-UM 9+ 1+ 10 digit or 5 digit number.
Receiving a Call
To receive a call using the softphone, you must be logged into the IP Communicator.
- Click Answer on the IP Communicator or from the resented window from the right to accept the call.
- Click iDivert to forward the call to voicemail.
Forwarding a Call
Note: We ask that you do not forward your university phone to a personal or home telephone number in an emergency shut down of the U-M campus. This feature is reserved for critical operations. Please keep in mind that staff members using softphones can log in to the application directly to take calls from home.
- Click CFwdALL in the Cisco IP Communicator window.
- Enter the 5-digit number or 9+1+number.
Note A confirmation message appears on the IP Communicator screen as "Forwarded to (phone number)"
To stop forwarding calls
- Click CFwdALL softkey on IP Communicator display. CFwdALL confirmation message is removed from the IP Communicator screen.
Placing a Call on Hold
- Click Hold softkey on IP Communicator display.
- Click Resume to continue the call.
Transferring a Call
Transferring allows you to transfer a call from your softphone to any other phone on the U-M system.
- While on active call Click Transfer softkey on IP Communicator display.
- Enter 5-digit number or 9+1+number and click Transfer again.
- While on live call, click the More softkey on IP Communicator display.
- Click Confrn softkey.
- Type phone number 9+ 1+ 10 digit or 5 digit number.
- Click Confrn softkey after new call is on the other line.
- To remove yourself from the call, click End Call softkey.
Sign Out of IP Communicator
1. Place cursor anywhere over the IP Communicator app and Right-click, select EXIT.
This will log you out of the IP Communicator.