This document provides first-time-setup instructions for MiWorkspace customers.
- MiWorkspace customers automatically have a Desktop Backup account provisioned for them, but still need to download and install the Code42 client from Software Center and configure their backup settings.
View Code42 resources for non-MiWorkspace customers.
Important! The University of Michigan Medical Health Information Technology & Services (HITS) also uses Code42 for a service called Data Guard. This document and the ITS Service Center do not cover the use of this service. For more information, please contact HITS.
- Click the Block M in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and select Software Center.
- Type code42 in the search field, and then select the Code42 app.
- Click Install. The Code42 client install process will begin immediately.
- Launch the Code42 application.
Windows: Click the Start menu, type code42 in the search box, and press Enter.
Mac: In the Dock, open Finder, click Applications, and then click Code42.
- Enter your full UMICH email address (email@example.com) in the Username field, and then click Continue.
- The Server Address will default to central.crashplan.com.
- To sign in using a shared account, enter the shared account name and append @umich.edu to the end.
- Sign in to U-M Microsoft Office 365 with your full UMICH email address and UMICH (Level-1) password (or shared account password, if applicable).
- Click Sign In, and then complete Duo Two-Factor authentication.
- Your initial backup should be performed on a fast network (e.g., U-M hard wired or MWireless network) to minimize time. Large single files typically upload at a faster rate than many small files. Each gigabyte of data will typically take 1.5 hours to complete.
- You can select multiple locations to include in the backup. Your Users folder on your computer’s hard drive is selected by default.
- Click Manage Files.
- Click the checkboxes to select the folders you want to back up.
- It is not necessary to back up the entire hard drive as Code42 cannot restore full operating systems. Nor is it necessary to select already backed-up locations, such as Box Sync.
- Select the Users folder with your uniqname, as well as any other locations you regularly save files.
- Click Save. Your backup will begin immediately.
Important! Users with macOS 10.14 Mojave and above must complete the following additional steps in order to modify your Code42 settings and back up your data.
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Security and Privacy.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Click on Full Disk Access (to the left).
- Check the box for Code42.
- Reboot your computer.