Quick Cards are used for tracking animals that were not bred or ordered. PIs/Lab Personnel will usually request Quick Cards from an active USE form workspace (other than Shipping Form – Export). Quick Cards can also be requested from an approved protocol’s workspace.
- Click Request Quick Cards from the active USE form workspace (or protocol workspace).
- Verify the correct species displays.
Note If desired, click Select to choose a different species. Only those species identified on the protocol will display.
- Select the appropriate Use Category.
- Select the desired Barcode Format.
- Enter the Number of Barcodes.
- Enter the Activation Date.
- Select the Per Diem Shortcode.
- Select the Per Diem Rate.
- Select the Housing Location.
- Only 10 locations will display at a time. Click Next or Previous to view additional locations.
- You may search for specific locations using the Search field above the list of locations. Only locations identified on the protocol will display.
- Click Finish.
Note Once you have successfully submitted a Quick Card request, a message displays in the USE form workspace and an Action Item is created.
Action Items tab
Progress of the Action Item can be tracked in either the associated USE form workspace or protocol workspace. It contains three lists:
- Open Action Items – Once created, the Action Item initially displays in this list as it is processed.
- Verify Action Items – Once the Action Item has been completed, if it requires verification from the assignee, it displays in this list in the state of Action Item Complete. No verification is needed for Breeding Sheet requests.
- Closed Action Items – Once the Action Item has been completed and closed, it displays in this list in the state of Action Item Closed.