For procedures with Human Derived substances, ABSL 2 housing is required unless an exemption is approved for ABSL 1. Exemptions are granted at the individual substance level; see the U-M Guidance for Animals Administered Human-Derived Substances page for further explanation. The Request or Maintain ABSL 2 Exemptions activity can be used to request exemptions for Approved protocols.
- Click Request or Maintain ABSL 2 Exemptions from the approved protocol workspace.
- Click Add.
Note If a substance is already listed, click Update.
- Enter or select the Agent.
- Enter the Derived Substance and Derived Substance Lot Number.
- (Optional) Enter a Derived Substance Note.
- Click Choose File to upload a Test Results Document.
- Click OK or OK and Add Another.
- Click OK.
- The request will be sent.
- The details you entered can be viewed on the ABSL 2 Housing Exemptions tab of the protocol workspace.
Protocol Workspace > ABSL 2 Housing Exemptions Tab
The ABSL 2 Housing Exemptions tab in the associated protocol workspace lists the following information:
- Derived Substance
- Derived Substance Lot Number
- Derived Substance Note – if a note was entered
- Test Results Document – if a document was uploaded
- Housing Level – will display after RCA Review
- RCA Review Note – will display after RCA Review