The Location Information page details where animal species will be housed and used for research. All approved animal facilities have criteria that govern their use for animal research and housing. If the location you select does not meet the approved criteria for the species and/or research, you will receive a message when you view application errors. Contact the ACU office for further assistance.
All questions must be answered and fields filled out in order to submit the application.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse... in the Select Location field.
Note Alternatively, the name of the building or room can be entered in the Select Location field. A menu displays, listing all available locations matching the entered text. Select the correct location from the list then go to step 7.
- Enter the building name in the Filter by field.
Note You can narrow the results by room by selecting Room from the Filter by drop-down menu.
- Click Go.
- Select the appropriate location.
- Click OK.
- Select Yes/No in the Housing field.
If you selected Yes, continue to step 8.
If you selected No, go to step 9.
- Select Yes/No in the Will the laboratory provide daily husbandry care instead of ULAM field.
- Select Yes/No in the Use field.
If you selected Yes, continue to step 10.
If you selected No, go to step 12.
- Select Yes/No in the Will recovery surgery be conducted in this location field.
- Select Yes/No option in the Will non-recovery surgery be conducted in this location field.
- Select Yes/No in the Will euthanasia be conducted in this location field.
If you selected Yes, continue to step 13.
If you selected No, go to step 14.
- Select Yes/No in the Will CO2 overdose be conducted in this location field.
- Click OK.
(If this species will be housed or used in an additional location, click OK and Add Another and repeat steps 2-13.)
- Repeat steps 1-15 for all species included on the application.
- If changes need to be made to the location information, click Update. If the location information is no longer applicable or was entered in error, click Delete to remove the location.
- Click Save.