- Go to Settings and choose WiFi or Wireless & Networks.
- Select the network for your conference room (for example: asb-2015). The network name and password will be shown on the display screen in the room. It may take a few seconds for the network to appear in the list.
- Enter the password for the WiFi network and touch the Connect button.
- Connect to the display:
- Go to Settings and search for Cast, Smart View or Screen Sharing. Click that item when it appears in the search results. See Hints and Troubleshooting below for more information.
- A list of one or more devices will appear. Select the display screen for the room.
- When you are done sharing, reverse the steps you took to connect to the screen.
Hints and Troubleshooting
- Android devices are made by different manufacturers and each model may enable screen sharing in a different way. Consult your device’s documentation or manufacturer for more information about how your device can display to external devices.
- If your device goes to sleep while you are displaying, you will need to reconnect via the Cast or Smartview feature. To avoid this, go to Settings > Display. In this menu, you'll find a Screen Timeout or Sleep setting. Adjust the value to lengthen the time it takes your phone to go to sleep.
- Depending upon the application, the image on the screen can be rotated by turning the device 90 degrees. This will allow you to use the full screen space.
Disconnecting From the Conference Room’s WiFi
- When you are done working in the conference room, change your WiFi network back to MWireless for the best network performance. This may happen automatically when you leave the room. You can also use your device’s features to disable automatically joining the room’s WiFi network.
Thursday, March 21, 2019