- Go to Settings and choose WiFi or Wireless & Networks.
- Select the network for your conference room (for example: asb-2015). The network name and password will be shown on the display screen in the room.. It may take a few seconds for the network to appear in the list.
- Enter the password for the WiFi network and touch the Connect button.
- Connect to the display:
- Go to Settings and search for “Cast”. For Samsung devices only, search for “Smart View”. Click Cast or Smart View when it appears in the search results.
- A list of one or more devices will appear. Select the display screen for the room.
- When you are done sharing, return to Cast or Smart View and the deselect screen.
Hints and Troubleshooting
- If your device goes to sleep while you are displaying, you will need to reconnect via the Cast or Smartview feature. To avoid this, go to Settings > Display. In this menu, you'll find a Screen Timeout or Sleep setting. Adjust the value to lengthen the time it takes your phone to go to sleep.
- Note: that depending upon the application, the image on the screen can be rotated by turning the device 90 degrees. This will allow you to use the full screen space.
Disconnecting From the Conference Room’s WiFi
- When you are done working in the conference room, change your WiFi network back to MWireless for the best network performance. This may happen automatically when you leave the room. You can also use your device’s features to disable automatically joining the room’s WiFi network.
Thursday, March 21, 2019