Groups of content players (signs) can be organized under locations and sub-locations. Playlists can be added to locations to display the same content on multiple signs. Playlists can be used as the only content or in addition to sign-specific content.
Note Playlists for a location will also affect sub-locations.
- Name the new location.
- Click and drag all appropriate players in to the newly created location. New players can also be added by right clicking the location and choosing New Content Player…
- Repeat steps until all desired locations have been created. The locations should now all have a + or - symbol next to them, and when expanded, show all the players within them.
Setting up Playlists
Note a playlist can be used at the unit level location as well. Sub locations are not required.
Right click on the location where you wish to add a playlist and select New Playlist…
Note A playlist should now appear in the Network Overview within the location that you chose.
Right click on the playlist and selet properties. You will be presented with several options.
- Enabled – This toggle turns the playlist off and on.
Behavior – (example included at end of documentation)
- Include only if the player is empty – This option will only play the playlist if the player within the location has no templates directly on it.
- Always include before player templates – This option will play the playlist first and then any templates directly placed on the player.
- Always include after player templates – This option will play the playlist after any templates directly placed on the player.
- Override player templates – This option will play only the playlist and ignore templates placed directly on the player.
- Once the playlist is configured as desired, drag templates to it just as you would a player.
This example explains what would play for each of the options displayed in steps above:
- Include only if the player is empty – Content Player will only show Template 1.
- Always include before player templates – Content Player will play Template 2 and then Template 1.
- Always include after player templates – Content Player will play Template 1 and then Template 2.
- Override player templates – Content Player will only show Template 2.
Playlist can be placed on nested locations, such as the example to the left. If Playlist B is configured to play in conjunction with templates on the player or override templates on the player, then it should theoretically play on the Content Player. This functionality is not well tested however, and thus it is not currently suggested or supported