Many operating systems and devices have WPA2-Enterprise capabilities and may work with MWireless and eduroam. Below is the configuration information to connect a device to MWireless or eduroam using WPA2-Enterprise. If you require assistance configuring an unsupported device, you may refer to vendor resources for support (e.g. user manual, vendor phone/email/chat support or product website).
|Wireless SSID||MWireless or eduroam|
|Authentication (EAP) Type||Protected EAP (PEAP)|
|PEAP TYPE||PEAP v0|
|PEAP Method (Inner Link Security||EAP-MSCHAP v2|
|Certificate files for Trusted CA||
If you need a full certificate chain, the best practice is having:
|User Name||U-M email address|
Requirements to connect using WPA2-Enterprise:
- 802.11-compatible wireless hardware that is WiFi Certified
- WPA2-Enterprise Certified operating system
This means the hardware is certified as inter operable with other manufacturers' wireless equipment, and the operating system supports the WPA2-Enterprise standard for wireless security.
The following devices are known NOT to support WPA2-Enterprise:
- Kindle Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + 3G
- Xbox 360 S or Xbox wireless networking adapter
- Sony Playstation 3 and Sony PSP
- Nintendo Wii, DS, DSi and 3DS
- Apple TV 1st and 2nd Generation
- Nook v1.5
- Roku HD/XD/XDS Streaming Player
- TiVo Wireless Network Adapter
- It may be necessary to turn your device's wireless connection off and back on in order to connect the first time.
- Make sure you have installed all available driver updates and patches for your operating system and wireless device (check the wireless card manufacturer's website for the most current driver updates).