Below is a list of common troubleshooting tips to resolve issues faculty, staff, students, or guests are having with WiFi on campus. If none of the suggestions below are helpful, please contact the ITS Service Center.
- Are You Using the Correct Network?
- Network Specific Connection Tips
- Is Your WiFi On?
- When to Turn WiFi Off?
- Where Are You At?
- Is there a Network Outage on Campus?
- Did You Change Your UMICH Password Recently?
MWireless, a preferred, secure, encrypted U-M WiFi network for students, faculty, sponsored affiliates, and staff.
MSetup, a simple way to get connected to the U-M WiFi network.
- MGuest, a WiFi network service that provides basic internet access to the university guests. This network is not secure, and it has both capacity and access to the university resources limitations.
- MWireless and eduroam
These networks require unique setup, please Run the installer
To connect to this network open up a web browser on your device and click "I Accept" on the presented webpage.
Many devices have a physical switch or button that turns the WiFi on and off. Double check that it is turned on so it can receive network signals.
If you want to plug in your device with an Ethernet cable, we strongly advise you to turn the WiFi off to prevent potential connectivity issues. Use your Ethernet cable for gaming if possible.
Depending on your location, if you experience any connectivity issue, please contact:
- U-M Campus: ITS Service Center
- Michigan Medicine & Medical School
ITS posts known outages on our status page.
Check if you can log in to Wolverine Access first. If you can log in to Wolverine Access, but cannot log in to MWireless, you may need to change your UMICH password. If you need assistance with this, contact the ITS Service Center. Please note: If your password changes, you need to re-run the installer.