- Download Jabber from: Cisco Jabber Installation File for MAC or access the End-User Guide from Cisco website.
- Launch CiscoJabberMac-126.96.36.1999866.pkg.
- Run the installation
- Click Continue when the Welcome screen displays.
- Click Agree after reading the license agreement to accept the terms of the license agreement and continue with the installation.
- You may be prompted to select the disk where you want to install Jabber. Select your hard drive or another location on your computer and then click Continue.
- Click Install to perform the standard installation.
- At the prompt, enter your administrator account password and click Install Software.
- When the software has finished installing, click Close.
- Double-click the Cisco Jabber. App icon to launch Jabber from the Applications folder.
- Before entering credentials, click Advanced Settings.
- Select Account type > Cisco Communications Manager 9 or later.
- Click Login Server > Use following address server 188.8.131.52. Note: do not cut & paste as this may add unwanted spaces
- Click Save.
- Enter credentials provided by ITS Infrastructure Telecommunications Analysts
- Initial screen: Enter 10-digitDN@umich.edu > click Continue
- Next screen: Username will be populated. Enter your password and sign in. Username will be populated > Enter Password > Sign In
- First-time setup: If prompted, select Always trust for certificates from the following servers and click Continue. Always trust the list of servers.
To configure your Jabber device, click on the Open Call Preferences from the Jabber hub.
- To receive a call, the Jabber application needs to be open.
- Under Other Applications, check Start calls with Cisco Jabber
- Accounts- not needed
- Toggle Button On>When using my desk phone for calls, bring the call window to the front
- Audio - Set options as desired for ringers, output and microphone
- Video - Not needed
October 10, 2019
Thursday, October 10, 2019