This document provides instructions for adding devices, after an initial device has been enrolled, in Duo for two-factor authentication.
- Before You Begin
- Add a New Device
- It is recommended that you enroll in both a primary and backup method for two-factor authentication. You can enroll more than two phone numbers and/or download the Duo Mobile app on multiple devices.
- You need a desktop or laptop computer on which to do the enrollment steps.
- U-M will only use your phone number for the Duo service, and you can modify or remove it from the system at any time.
- Not sure which option you want to use? Refer to Options for Two-Factor Authentication for more information.
For best results, complete these steps on a desktop or laptop computer.
- From a desktop or laptop computer, go to UMICH Account Management.
- Log in with your uniqname and UMICH (Level-1) password.
- Click Manage Duo Devices.
- Click + Add another device.
- Refer to the appropriate enrollment procedure for the remaining steps:
Tuesday, August 18, 2020