For OS X 10.8 and higher you must adjust your System Preferences to allow applications from anywhere to be installed (rather than just applications downloaded from the App Store). If desired, you are able to re-adjust these settings once you have run the VPN installer.
Download the VPN Profile
- Select the appropriate VPN profile for your university role and Mac device:
- When prompted, click Continue.
- When prompted, authenticate using your university uniqname and UMICH password.
- Open the program
Note: Some browsers automatically complete this step, while other browsers require that you manually open the program.
- Follow the configuration prompts to install the profile.
- (Version 10.7 and above) The UMVPN or UMVPN- Alumni Retiree network connection options will appear. Enter your uniqname and kerberos password.
(Version 10.6) VPN(IPSEc) Network window will appear. Enter your uniqname and kerberos password.
- Click Apply.
Connect Using the VPN
Important: You must have a network connection to connect via the VPN.
- (Version 10.7 and above) Select the UMVPN or UMVPN-Alumni Retiree Profile.
(Version 10.6) Select the VPN(IPSEc) Profile.
- Click Connect.
Friday, April 8, 2016