You can reset your UMICH (Level-1) password yourself if you have provided an account recovery contact address. If not, you can phone the ITS Service Center for help.
- Reset Your Forgotten Password Using Your Security Questions
- Use Michigan Medicine (Level-2) Password
- Phone the ITS Service Center for a Password Reset
Reset Your Forgotten Password Yourself
If you have set up an account recovery address, you can receive a password reset code you can use to reset your password yourself.
Go to UMICH Account Management and click Forgotten Password.
- On the Verify Identity page, enter your uniqname and either your UMID number or your date of birth, and then click Submit.
- A password reset code will be sent to your account recovery address.
- On the Reset UMICH Password page, enter the code and click Check Code.
Password reset codes expire one hour after they are sent. You can get a new code by starting over on the Forgotten Password page of UMICH Account Management.
No Code? If you have not received a code in one hour, check your junk or spam folders. If the code is not there, phone the ITS Service Center at 764-HELP  for a password reset.
You will be taken to the Change Password page in UMICH Account Management, where you can set a new password.
You may not set your new password to the same thing as your current password. If you attempt to change a forgotten password to your current (forgotten) password, an error message will display and you will need to enter a new password.
Use Michigan Medicine (Level-2) Password
If you have a Michigan Medicine (Level-2) password and are using a computer on a Michigan Medicine network, you can reset your UMICH (Level-1) password yourself at https://webdesk.med.umich.edu/user/reset/login.jsp.
Phone the ITS Service Center for a Password Reset
If you did not set up security questions or cannot remember your answers, call the ITS Service Center at (734) 764-HELP  and select the option to reset your UMICH password.
Do not send email. Password resets must be done over the phone so the Service Center can verify your identity.