This step-by-step procedure is designed for ITS Service Center staff and describes how to create a Request from an Incident in ServiceLink for MiWorkspace onboarding.
https://umichprod.service-now.com > Incident > Create New
- Click More options .
- Select Toggle Template Bar.
- Click More options on the template bar.
- Search for and select MiWorkspace: Onboarding.
- Enter or lookup the Caller.
- Enter or lookup the Location.
- Update the Short description field with the applicable name.
- Click Save.
- Click Create Catalog Order.
- Enter or lookup the applicable Neighborhood IT group in the Assignment group.
- Enter, select, or lookup values for applicable fields in the Variables section.
- Expand More information as needed for applicable fields.
- Selecting Yes in the Does Employee Need Hardware? and/or Is Employee Using a Shared Machine? field(s) will enable additional fields.
- Enter applicable Work notes or Additional comments (Customer visible).
- Click Close Task.
MiWorkspace Onboarding Task Workflow
Note: If no hardware is needed, all applicable tasks are kicked off in parallel.