Using the MPrint Mobile App
The MPrint App is designed to provide users with a simpler way to release Follow Me jobs. Currently, users are only able to release Follow Me jobs to multifunction devices across campus that are equipped with Mcard readers for authentication, which limits the number of devices available for print. The MPrint App opens up the ability to release Follow Me jobs to any printer on campus with a yellow MiWorkspace print queue label.
The Mprint App leverages Bluetooth Beacons to provide a user with a list of nearby printers to which the users's print jobs may be released. Sites and some MiWorkspace printers are now equipped with Bluetooth Beacons for use with the MPrint App. It is also possible to use QR Codes with the MPrint App, to release your print jobs. Every Sites and MiWorkspace printer across campus has a QR code which can be read by the MPrint App.
Using the MPrint App is very simple:
- Download the MPrint App on your device.
- Send appropriate print jobs to Follow Me.
- On first use, launch the MPrint App and login with your uniqname and password.
- The MPrint app will open to the Select Jobs page. Select which jobs you would like to send to a printer and then click Release (iOS) or swipe left (Andrioid)to continue.
- Now, users can see a list of nearby printers with a Bluetooth Beacon enabled or choose to scan the QR Code located directly on the printer itself.
- After choosing a printer from the list, or scanning a QR code, the jobs you selected for release will be sent to the chosen printer.